In case you’re not completely convinced about the power and value of video over other content, or you are convinced but need to convince someone else, here’s a selection of stats and observations that support the cause.
- If video and text are both available on the same page, 72% of people will watch the video to learn about a product or service rather than read the text (HubSpot, 2018)
- Using videos on landing pages will increase conversions by 86% (Wordstream, 2018) (Source: https://www.hubspot.com/marketing-statistics)
- LinkedIn video a growing opportunity. While currently only 38% of marketers share video content on LinkedIn, three-quarters of them reported it to be a successful tactic -- and comfortably over half (55%) said they would continue, or start, in 2018. HubSpot, Jan 2018
- According to the Aberdeen Group, video marketers get 66% more qualified leads per year and achieve a 54% increase in brand awareness, and businesses using video grow company revenue 49% faster year-over-year than organizations without video.
- 70% of marketers claim video produces more conversions than any other content (Vidyard)
- A call-to-action with a video produces 380% more clicks than a regular sidebar call-to-action (KISSmetrics)
- Video content is 50 times more likely to drive organic search results than plain text. (Omnicore, 2018)
- Video drives a 157% increase in organic traffic from SERPs. (Wordstream, 2018)
- Social video generates 1200% more shares than text and images combined (Valoso.com)
When Social Media Examiner invited more than a dozen media experts to share their predictions for 2018, these were just some of the observations:
#2: Bloggers Revisit Established Content
“I predict a rebirth of older content in 2018. A lot of bloggers are figuring out that rewriting and relaunching an old article is a faster way to get results than writing something new.”
#9: Video’s Rise Continues
Businesses will need to be able to produce high-quality video fast if they wish to benefit from the increased reach platforms like Facebook and Instagram provide for uploading video content native to the platform.
#21: Content Repurposing Rises
Everyone talks about repurposing, but I’ve only seen a few who do it and do it well. It’s a big push for us in 2018, and it should be a focus for every content marketer. Add repurposing your content to your 2018 marketing plan!
#22: Video Optimization Is Necessary
Everyone knows that video content is a rising star. I believe one main focus of 2018 will be optimizing your video content to stand out from your competition.